Research, publications and other organisations | Research related papers/items | Global Conference Papers/sites
Research, publications and other organisations
- Green Living Pedia
- Australian Conservation Foundation | Media release 23.02.09
- CSIRO Sustainability Newsletter
- Australian National University Environmental News
- Australia's Climate Action Network
- ECOS Magazine
Research related papers/items
- Is restoring flora the same as restoring fauna? Lessons learned from koalas and mining rehabilitation Cristescu et al 2013 Journal of Applied Ecology, UK.
- Victorian Fires February 2009 A Report on Driving Inflences and Land Tenures Affected. Chris Taylor Melb Uni.
- Seeing the Forest for the Trees–Australian Forest Biomass for Energy MSci Thesis, Philip Peck, Lund, Sweden. 09.2012
- Forest expert warns of risks of carbon forestry David LProfessor David Lindenmayer, Fenner School of Environment and Society, at the Australian National University, Canberra. 17.08.2012
- An Ecological History Of Australia’s Forests And Fauna (1770-2010) D Lunney, C Moon NSW Office Of Environment and Heritage.
- The Political Ecology of Conservation Priorities in Australia George Antony, Brisbane 06.2012
- Climate Action Summit 2012 Presentations
- Economic and employment implications of a carbon market for industrial plantation forestry K.I. Paul, A. Reeson, P.J. Polglase, P. Ritson
- Analysis raises atmospheric, economic doubts about forest bioenergy Environmental Research Web. 27.04.2012
- Are there any circumstances in which logging primary wet-eucalypt forest will not add to the global carbon burden? Christopher Dean, Grant W. Wardell-Johnson, James B. Kirkpatrick. 20.04.2012
- Tasmanian Forests Intergovernmental Agreement: An assessment of its carbon value Andrew Macintosh ANU 03.2012
- Genetic analysis reveals a distinct and highly diverse koala (Phascolarctos cinereus) population in South Gippsland, Victoria, Australia Tristan Lee, Kyall R. Zenger, Robert L. Close and David N. Phalen. 07.11.2011
- Treetop research to help protect swift parrots Dejan Stojanovic ANU 09.01.2012
- Regional carbon dioxide implications of forest bioenergy production Nature Climate Change. Tara W. Hudiburg, Beverly E. Law, Christian Wirth & Sebastiaan Luyssaert ANU 23.10.2011
- The Conversation 'Is using native forests for energy really carbon neutral' Dr Judith Ajani 22.12.2011
- YouTube: Native forests for bioenergy or biodiversity? | .PDF version Dr Judith Ajani. ANU 10.11.2011 1.6mb
- A Proposal for Stewardship Support to Private Native Forests in NSW
Vanclay, Jerome K., Thompson, David, Sayer, J. A., McNeely, Jeff, Kaimowitz, David, Gibbs, Anne, Crompton, Heather, Cameron, David and Bevege, Ian A Proposal for Stewardship Support to Private Native Forests in NSW. NSW: The Southern Cross Group of Forest Researchers and Practitioners, 2006.
- International Report Reveals Global Failure of PEFC Forest Certification Standard TWS 17.10.2011
- Forest structure, services and biodiversity may be lost even as form remains Oregon State University, Norm Johnson 03.10.2011
- No substitute for natural forests: study SMH 14.09.2011
- Heavy breathing by plants (esp.forests) could alter climate models Ben Cubby SMH 29.09.2011
- Old-forest loss catastrophic: study Canberra Times, Rosslyn Beeby, 13.09.2011
- Forests and Climate Forum. Movie clips. Eighty forest and climate advocates from across the country participated in Australian Forests and Climate Forum held in Canberra on 13.08.2011. Professor Brendan Mackey talks about the role of native forests in climate change mitigation and Chris Taylor from Beyond Zero Emissions and Melbourne University talks about bushfire data analysis that proves intact native forests mitigated the 2009 Victorian bushfires.
- Forests 'the key to reducing carbon emissions' Graham Lloyd, Env.Ed., The Australian. 15.07.2011
- A Large and Persistent Carbon Sink in the World’s Forests Co-author, Dr Pep Canadell, CSIRO 15.07.2011
- The Critical Decade: a report from the Climate Commission Will Steffen 04.2011 Key Messages and Full Report
- Comments on The Climate Commission’s Report: Critical Decade Prof. Will Steffen, Climate Commissioner. Released 04.2011.
- Statistics: Woodchips, Logging And The Member For Bega. 94kb
- Threatened Species list from 2001-2009 NSW Parliamentary Research Service. A statistical portrait of the environment in NSW Statistical Indicators. Talina Drabsch 02.2011 p.31 61kb
- Latest paper by Ajani, J. (Feb 2011) Australia's Wood and Wood Products Industry - Situation and Outlook Working Paper, Fenner School of Environment and Society, The Australian National University. See working paper 639kb
- Transforming Rural Land Use, Garnaut Climate Change Review Key Points | Full version 03.03.2001
- About connectivity conservation. Link to reports by Prof Brendan Mackey, Dr James Watson and Dr Graeme Worboys of ANU Enterprises
- Bay State rethinking wood power. Worse for climate than coal, study says Weblink
- 90 Scientists Urge Congress Not to 'Cook the Books' in CO2 Accounting for Biofuels Intelligent Energy Portal, Patrick Reis, E&E reporter - Weblink
- Australia's forestry crisis: How it happened and what to do Dr Judith Ajani ANU 05.10 430kb
- YouTube: Australia's forestry crisis: How it happened and what to do Dr Judith Ajani, ANU 05.10
- Biomass Energy Juggernaut Threatens Human and Forest Health George Wuerthner 05.10 Weblink
- Burning wood “waste” for electricity requires a subsidy on a subsidy to be viable Harriett Swift 05.10 92kb .pdf
- Effects of logging on fire regimes in moist forests David B. Lindenmayer, Malcolm L. Hunter, Philip J. Burton, & Philip Gibbons
- Forest logging creates fire traps Professor David Lindenmayer, ANU Fenner School of Env. & Soc. 01.03.2010
- Green Institute Working Paper 4 Australia’s national greenhouse accounts re-arranged for policy coherence Margaret Blakers, Green Institute, March 2009
- Article in Science Daily: One-fifth Of Fossil-fuel Emissions Absorbed By Threatened Forests. ScienceDaily 19.02.2009. Globally, tropical trees in undisturbed forest are absorbing nearly a fifth of the CO2 released by burning fossil email@example.com
- Australia’s Transition from Native Forests to Plantations: The Implications for Woodchips, Pulpmills, Tax Breaks and Climate Change Ajani 15.03.08 976kb
- Green Carbon: The Role of Natural Forests in Carbon Storage. The proposed emissions trading scheme could have a "devastating" effect on wood harvesting. Anjani 10.12.0864kb
- Forests Make Rain - the role of forests in the microbial nucleation and governance of rainfalls and sustainable bio-systems by Walter Jehne, 2006 paper published in the CSIRO Sustainability Newsletter 64E 17.02.2007
- Green Carbon: New research shows that native forests hold much greater stores of carbon than previously realised: Professor Brendan Mackey & Professor Rod Keenan. Audio National Interest ABC Radio 9.03.2009
- Creating heality soils in Monaro - Walter Jehne .pdf 76kb.
- Chemical released by trees can help cool planet, scientists find. David Adam, environment correspondent guardian.co.uk, 30.10.08 .pdf 60kb
- Old forests absorb C02 too: Study .pdf 36kb
- Certifying the Incredible, the Australian Forest Standard.
Barely Legal and Not Sustainable Wilderness Society report on what is wrong with the AFS and PESC forestry standards. 16.10.2011
Global Conference papers/sites
World Forestry Congress Bulletin Volume 10 Number 18 - Monday, 26 October 2009
SUMMARY OF THE THIRTEENTH WORLD FORESTRY CONGRESS, 18-23 OCTOBER 2009
AUSTRALIA'S COASTAL WILDERNESS