Please email me research papers, research news and names of environmental research organisations
Green Living Pedia |
Australian Conservation Foundation |
Fenner School of Environment and Society, Australian National University
Australia's Climate Action Network Sign up for updates here |
ECOS Magazine | Science Daily
Research related papers/items
- Socio-economic benefits from protected areas in southeastern Australia. Heagney, Kovac, Fountain, Conner. NSW Office of Environment and Heritage. March 2015.
- The need for a comprehensive reassessment of the Regional Forest Agreements in Australia. David B. Lindenmayer, David Blair, Lachlan McBurney, Sam C. Banks. Pacific Conservation Biology, 2015, 21, 266–270. 11.12.2015
- Restoring Resilience on the Monaro. The reality and challenge of restoring the MonaroHealthy Soils. Walter Jehne. n.d.
- Under What Circumstances Do Wood Products from Native Forests Benefit Climate Change Mitigation? Heather Keith, David Lindenmayer, Andrew Macintosh, Brendan Mackey. 27.11.2015
- Rethinking forest carbon assessments to account for policy institutions Andrew Macintosh, Heather Keith and David Lindenmayer. Nature climate change. 29.06.2015
- The climate effect of increased forest bioenergy use in Sweden: evaluation at different spatial and temporal scales Olivia Cintas et al (2015) WIREs Energy Environ 2015. doi: 10.1002/wene.178
- One Stop Chop: How Regional Forest Agreements streamline environmental destruction Feehely, Hammond-Deakin & Millner. Lawyers for Forests. Melbourne Australia. 2013
- The Critical Decade. Climate Change Science, Risks and Responses. Professor Will Steffen and Professor Lesley Hughes. Climate Commission. 2013
- Key information for NSW forest policy today Judith Ajani Fenner School of Environment and Society Australian National University. 09.2013
- Logging or carbon credits Frances Perkins and Andrew Macintosh 08.07.2013
- Looking After Country in New South Wales: Implementing a Land & Sea Country Plan On The Far South Coast J Hunt, Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences, 06.2013
- Logging may destabilize carbon in forest soils mongabay.com. Environment News. 14.06.2013
- Untangling the confusion around land carbon science and climate change mitigation policy Brendan Mackey et al. Perspective, nature climate change. 29.05.2013
- Carbon farming could restore Australia's southern coastal wetlands. Catherine Lovelock, Justine Bell and Kerrylee Rogers. Ecos. 20.05.2013
- Is restoring flora the same as restoring fauna? Lessons learned from koalas and mining rehabilitation Cristescu, Rhodes, Frere and Banks. Journal of Applied Ecology, UK. 2013
- Economic and employment implications of a carbon market for industrial plantation forestry K.I. Paul, A. Reeson, P.J. Polglase, P. Ritson. Science Direct Volume 30, Issue 1, January 2013, Pages 528–540.
- Seeing the Forest for the Trees–Australian Forest Biomass for Energy MSci Thesis, Philip Peck, Lund, Sweden. 09.2012
- Forest expert warns of risks of carbon forestry Professor David Lindenmayer. Fenner School of Environment and Society. ABC. Bush Telegraph. 17.08.2012
- The Political Ecology of Conservation Priorities in Australia George Antony, Brisbane 06.2012
- Climate Action Summit. 2012 Presentations
- Analysis raises atmospheric, economic doubts about forest bioenergy Environmental Research Web. 27.04.2012
- Are there any circumstances in which logging primary wet-eucalypt forest will not add to the global carbon burden? Christopher Dean, Grant W. Wardell-Johnson, James B. Kirkpatrick. Science Direct. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology
Volume 161, 15 August 2012, Pages 156–169/
- Tasmanian Forests Intergovernmental Agreement: An assessment of its carbon value Andrew Macintosh ANU 03.2012
- Treetop research to help protect swift parrots Dejan Stojanovic ANU 09.01.2012
- An Ecological History Of Australia’s Forests And Fauna (1770-2010) D Lunney, C Moon NSW Office Of Environment and Heritage.
- Natural Advantage. A 2011 NSW State election agenda for safeguarding the benefits of nature Pepe Clarke, CEO, Nature Conservation Council of NSW. 2011
- Genetic analysis reveals a distinct and highly diverse koala (Phascolarctos cinereus) population in South Gippsland, Victoria, Australia Tristan Lee, Kyall R. Zenger, Robert L. Close and David N. Phalen. 07.11.2011
- Regional carbon dioxide implications of forest bioenergy production Nature Climate Change. Tara W. Hudiburg, Beverly E. Law, Christian Wirth & Sebastiaan Luyssaert ANU 23.10.2011
- 'Is using native forests for energy really carbon neutral' Dr Judith Ajani. The Conversation. 22.12.2011
- YouTube: Native forests for bioenergy or biodiversity? | .PDF version Dr Judith Ajani. ANU 10.11.2011
- International Report Reveals Global Failure of PEFC Forest Certification Standard The Wilderness Society. 17.10.2011
- Forest structure, services and biodiversity may be lost even as form remains Oregon State University, Norm Johnson 03.10.2011
- No substitute for natural forests: study SMH. 14.09.2011
- Heavy breathing by plants (esp.forests) could alter climate models Ben Cubby SMH 29.09.2011
- Old-forest loss catastrophic: study Canberra Times, Rosslyn Beeby, 13.09.2011
- Little left to lose: deforestation and forest degradation in Australia since European colonization. Journal of Plant Ecology. Corey J. A. Bradshaw. School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia. 30.07.2011
- Australian Forests and Climate Forum 2011.. Green Living Pedia. Movie clips. Eighty forest and climate advocates from across the country participated in Australian Forests and Climate Forum held in Canberra on 13.08.2011. Professor Brendan Mackey talks about the role of native forests in climate change mitigation and Chris Taylor from Beyond Zero Emissions and Melbourne University talks about bushfire data analysis that proves intact native forests mitigated the 2009 Victorian bushfires. Need to create an account to log to view all movies.
- Forests 'the key to reducing carbon emissions' Graham Lloyd, Env.Ed., The Australian. 15.07.2011
- A Large and Persistent Carbon Sink in the World’s Forests Co-author, Dr Pep Canadell, CSIRO 15.07.2011
- The Critical Decade: a report from the Climate Commission Will Steffen 04.2011 Key Messages and Full Report
- Comments on The Climate Commission’s Report: Critical Decade Prof. Will Steffen, Climate Commissioner. Released 04.2011.
- Threatened Species list from 2001-2009 NSW Parliamentary Research Service. A statistical portrait of the environment in NSW Statistical Indicators. Talina Drabsch 02.2011 p.31
- Australia's Wood and Wood Products Industry - Situation and Outlook Working Paper, Fenner School of Environment and Society, The Australian National University. Dr Judith Ajani. 2011
- Transforming Rural Land Use, Garnaut Climate Change Review. Key Points | Full version 03.03.2001
- Statistics: Woodchips, Logging And The Member For Bega.
- Forests Make Rain - the role of forests in the microbial nucleation and governance of rainfalls and sustainable bio-systems by Walter Jehne, 2006 paper published in the CSIRO Sustainability Newsletter 64E. 17.02.2007. (Sorry, unable to be found 07.2015).
- A Proposal for Stewardship Support to Private Native Forests in NSW
Vanclay, Jerome K., Thompson, David, Sayer, J. A., McNeely, Jeff, Kaimowitz, David, Gibbs, Anne, Crompton, Heather, Cameron, David and Bevege, Ian A Proposal for Stewardship Support to Private Native Forests in NSW. NSW: The Southern Cross Group of Forest Researchers and Practitioners. University of Queensland. 2006.
Global Conference papers/sites
AUSTRALIA'S COASTAL WILDERNESS